Quotes are a useful tool. When you find yourself in a situation when you need some inspiration or a reasonable voice from another person, quotes can always provide you with a bit of encouragement. They can offer solace during our low moments, and, what is also very important, they are pertinent for essays writing. If you know how to use quotes properly, they solidify your talking points and make your writing more compelling.
How to Use Quotes in Essays
Using quotes is a great boost, but it is laudable when used correctly.
What is most important, you should never alter a quote in any way, whether paraphrasing or changing it in any other manner. If you do so, you risk losing the effect it provides, as well as its original meaning.
Besides, avoid using too many quotes in your paper. The length of an essay should determine the number of the quotes used. When the paper is filled with too many quotes, it often loses its impact on the reader. For some professors, it comes off as a lazy ploy to reduce student’s explanations for his/her talk points and they give low grades for making such a mistake.
The best way to realize what is meant is to read an essay widely. You will notice that most writers use the topic-related quotes at the beginning of their writing with an aim to strengthen their discussion. Besides, you can comment on the quote in the introductory paragraph so that your point is clearer for the readers.
Great Inspirational Quotes for Academic Essays
The most effective way to sum up this article is by highlighting several timeless quotations from influential personalities.
- Making people believe the unbelievable is no trick; its work… Belief and reader absorption come in the details: An overturned tricycle in the gutter of an abandoned neighbourhood can stand for everything. – Stephen King, WD
- The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance – Socrates
- It’s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way. – Ernest Hemingway
- To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard. –Allen Ginsberg, WD
- Style means the right word. The rest matters little. – Jules Reynard
- If it sounds like writing, I write it. Or, if proper usage gets in the way, it may have to go. I can’t allow what we learned in English composition to disrupt the sound and rhythm of the narrative.-Elmore Leonard
- Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good. – Mohandas Gandhi
- The world is full of educated derelicts. – Calvin Coolidge
- Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know no shortcuts.- Larry L. King, WD
- A little inaccuracy can sometimes save a ton of explanation – H.H Munro
To write good papers, one needs to master his/her writing skills. When you are assigned to write an essay, you can make it more interesting and worth-read by including some appropriate quotes.
Want an expert to write a paper for you?
What our customers say?